We are Wanderlust dance project
Started in 2016 by dancer and choreographer Addison Holmes, Wanderlust was born out of a need for artists of different companies to come together in their off-season of Summer, for one beautiful evening of dance! Wanderlust provides opportunities to professionals, and pre-professional dancers ages 15+, pairing them with both local and national choreographers. In 2016 Wanderlust was named in "Theater Jones Top Ten Dance Performances of 2016", alongside Crystal Pite's Kidd Pivot and Ballet Boyz, by chief dance critic Margaret Putnam. We are thrilled to be back in Dallas, Texas for our third Summer Season.
Currently seeking professional and pre-professional dancers ages 15+, for our August 10-11, 2018 Dallas show. Our live audition date is May 20, 2018.
Audition for Wanderlust Dance Project III on May 20, 2018 and take Master Class with Bruce Wood Dancer Gabriel Speiller!
Park Cities Dance, 7979 Inwood Road, Dallas
Master Class 5-6pm
Audition 6-8 pm
Master Class is $20 at the door
Gabriel Speiller is a native New Yorker, raised in Queens. He is a graduate of Frank Sinatra School of the Arts. He has a BFA in Dance at Belhaven University. His performing credentials include Ad Deum Dance Company, Paul Taylor 2, The Brooklyn Tabernacle Dance Company, Katherine Maxwell, NOW Dance Project, Jessica Gaynor Dance Company, and Robert Mark Dance Company. Gabriel's work has been adjudicated at American College Dance Festival and he has choreographed for the Awakening Dance Movement, Belhaven University, and Frank Sinatra School of the Arts. Gabriel is currently dancing with Bruce Wood Dance and teaching throughout the DFW area.
You will be taught a contemporary combination. Ladies en pointe, bring shoes. You may be asked to stay to partner.
*If you cannot attend our live audition, please submit as soon as possible the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Link to Dance Reel, Classroom work, or Performance footage that clearly shows your ability (YouTube or Vimeo)
* Please indicate if you are in High School, University, or Professional Dance Company
* $35 application fee to Wanderlust PayPal:
Paid contracts are based on casting and experience. Pre-professional (student) contracts are unpaid. We do not charge pre-professionals a costume or participation fee.
We are currently accepting submissions for Guest Companies year-round for our 2018 Sessions. Please submit the following to be considered for one of our future projects:
* Website link of company
* Link to past work (Vimeo, YouTube)
* Links to any Press Materials
* A short mission statement of company, and why you believe your company would be a good fit for our projects
*$75 application fee at time of submission to PayPal link below
Wanderlust accepts year round submissions for Choreographers for our Sessions. We are looking for you to set an original piece, and want a sense of your artistic voice and vision with your submission.
We accept submissions year round.
Please submit the following to email@example.com
* Resume or Bio
* Link to Choreography Reel and/or Performance Footage that shows your voice as a Choreographer (YouTube or Vimeo)
* Links to any Press Materials (if applicable)
*Indicate "Winter" or "Summer" Session, or both.
* $35 application fee for one session, or $50 application fee if applying for both Winter and Summer 2018 sessions. Submit payment to Wanderlust PayPal, link below or use email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Choreographer commissions are based on length of piece and experience. We will offer travel, housing, stipend for those out of town.
Photography: Sharen Bradford
We are thrilled to provide this opportunity to Young choreographers, ages 17-25!
Open to emerging choreographers, age 17-25 who are interested in working in a professional setting for our Spring/Summer 2018 season. We provide a nurturing and professional environment for dancers interested in developing their choreographic skills. You will set a piece on our dancers, which will perform in our professional dance concert.
Please indicate on your application if you have a preferential city:
*Wanderlust LA 2019
*Wanderlust Houston Texas, SUMMER 2019
Please submit the following to email@example.com (we accept submissions year round).
* Resume or Bio
* Link to Choreography Reel or Footage that shows your voice as a Choreographer (YouTube or Vimeo). Footage may be Performance or Studio.
* Links to any Press Materials (if applicable) or accolades.
* $35 application fee to Wanderlust PayPal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanderlust will provide travel and housing to those out of town. This is an unpaid position.